Saturday, September 16, 2006

Having a second baby is like...


The mohawk lives....

Hangin' with Sis


Who's that adorable baby in the mirror, Mom?


Hi, Ho, Hi, Ho, It's off to school I go!



Hangin' with Selah! See, I am a pygmy.

I will roll over, I will, I will!


Mmm, Mmm, Good!

falling off the face of the earth. Just Kidding! Seriously, sorry I've been lax about posting, it's been busy here with Kindermusik registration, pre-school starting & attempting to get Charley on some kind of predictable schedule. So, I've been absent a while, but I'M BACK!!
Where to begin?
Eva's Adventures...
back to school on Sept 8th. Oh, what a different first day than last year! My little wallflower has blossomed into the life of the party & just couldn't wait to get back to school. Last year, every morning was the "hand-off" from me to Kerri or Kim, usually followed by tears. This year was "See Ya!" followed by her reassuring her crying classmate that it's okay & it'll get better & he'll really like school soon! What a sweet child.
Eva brought home her schoolwork for the week on friday. I was so excited to see how much her fine motor skills have grown when I looked at her letter tracing & saw that she was spot on! Which brings me to my next dilemma. Education. When Eva was an early toddler, I started to look into Montessori Education. I'm really impressed by Montessori principles & really think the style of learning would benefit Eva's personality at this stage. I also firmly beleive that children will direct thier own learning if placed in the right environment to create curiosity. So here's the problem. The best montessori here requires full time attendance of 5 days/week, 6 hours a day. Evie is totally ready for that type of schedule, but guess who's the wuss? MOM! Although school has started, I'm still considering montessori. I know I can send her next year if we go to Parris Island, but I just don't want to miss this window of opportunity in her development. UGH. The perils of parenthood. Well, regardless of what I decide, my little punkin is growing up & I'll have to deal with it some day! So for now, we move onto:
Chronicles of Charley...
Holy Moses, what a sweet baby. I swear I've never seen a baby smile so much in my life. And at EVERYONE!! With that mohawk, those huge eyes & that super smile, she is breakin' hearts everywhere. The other day, we were out & about and she was hanging out in the sling. All you could see was her saucer shaped eyes & the top of her mohawk peeking out. I swear even 20 year old Marines were checking out that kid.
4 months old! We had a check-up, complete with those yucky shots. 24.5 inches long, 11 lbs 7 oz. I know, I know. I have little pygmy children. Hey, I'm small. It' s hysterical to see her next to all of my other pals who had babies at the same time. They all weigh like 16 or 17 lbs and here is my mini baby. She looks like a doll compared to NORMAL sized children. Speaking of looking like: I was moving pics around last night & found one of Evie at about this age with a towel covering her hair & only her face showing. Talk about creepy...it was totally Charley! How funny is that. Maybe they'll look like little clones with opposite coloring. Cute!
Charley decided to celebrate her 4 month birthday with rolling over. Right on the table at her check-up. I think it was a reaction to being set on her tummy. Which up until about a week ago, she hated. So the little bugger figured out how to roll over to avoid tummy time. STINKER. Finally, though, she likes tummy time, is pushing herself up, staring in the mirror and looking all around. So I guess I can stop inventing torticollis symptoms.
We also celebrated 4 months with some spoon fed cereal! Which she absolutely loved. Unfortately, I've 86'ed it since she started waking at 5 am again as soon as we added it to her diet in the evenings. Sleep beats cereal in the Mommy wars. We'll try again next month.
As for me & my honey...
Kindermusik started with a bang on Tuesday the 12th. My new space is awesome & my classes went great. I'm really excited to get back to teaching & enjoying the kids. Charley & Eva both loved thier classes & it was so fun to have my girls in classes. Wish me good karma all semester long.
Charles is submitting for DI duty this week, so we hope to know something by Christmas time. People in hell want ice water, so we'll see who wins. He has to spend the next 2 weeks as the Staff non fire for the range up North, so the LONG days will give us a taste of life in PI. Wish me sanity.
Our Christmas travel is booked, so a light is on the horizon. We can't wait to see everyone & be totally overwhelmed by all the choices! We are counting the days.
Well, I've reached my brain power limit for writing today, so hope you enjoyed the blurb. We miss everyone!
luv to all,
tiffers

2 comments:

The Solley Six said...

we blogged on the same day. my favorite part is catching a glimpse of the hello kitty couch in each blog photo series- though it's NOT EVEN as cute as that sweet LITTLE baby! It may be a good thing we moved, so that Charley can get some meat on her before she has to come up against Sloane the 8 tooth slugger! eek!

The Solley Six said...

but i find it slighly disturbing that u refer to yourself as tiffers!?!