Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sometimes life is just...


full of tears...and joy... and laughter...and sad little girls and their mommies.
I must say, I've had a rough week. Emotionally more so than anything else. I feel like my emotions are sitting on the surface and I can just cry at any minute. As can my girls, apparently. Overwhelmed is how I feel most of the time, followed by lonely, with tired a close runner up. Funny, though, interspersed with all these sad feelings are incredible moments of joy, laughter, gratitude and confidence.
I guess, to sum it up...
I miss my husband so much it hurts.
I'm probably a bit more terrified NOW, getting ready to double my number of kids, than I was when I stepped off the bus in Parris Island. (trust me, that is saying A LOT.)
I am tired of always waiting to find out what is going on with the rest of my life.
I'm tired of living far away from my family.
I'm just... tired.
HOWEVER,
My girls are my greatest joy and having to be all things to them right now just makes me appreciate them and the gift of their love even more.
They seem to like me more, which makes my day, all day every day.
I have amazing family and friends here, who are making my life so much more bearable as they feed me, help with my kids, clean up my yard, get decorations down for me to get all holiday crazy with, plan a baby shower for me, and just take care of me all the way around.
I am pregnant with not one, but two, sweet little gifts from God.
I have Faith.

So, I guess, all in all, I'm pretty darn blessed, huh?
Amen to that, I say.


1 comment:

thekellyfive said...

I'm thinking about you all the time and wish we lived closer to each other. You are right... even when days seem long, hard, and unfair, there is no escaping the fact that we are immeasurably blessed.