Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sweet child of mine...


Eva Grace.

So this has been a particularly tough week. I have yet another sinus infection, my leg is killing me most of the time, I'm exhausted and I DON'T KNOW anything about when my hubby will be home or where we're off to next year. HOWEVER...
I have this sweet 6 year old who surprises the heck out of me with her pure heart, insight and unconditional love.
So, monday I am on my way to the doc for my sinuses. Feel like poop and Charley is being a booger. My cell rings and it's Eva's school, letting me know she says she doesn't feel well and needs to come home. So I talk to her. And she sounds fine, but says she has a stuffy nose and cough and wants to go home. SO, okay. Off to school I go.
I get there and the nurse and I look at each other like... not so much, but hey, she's 5 so we'll humor her. So off we go.
After the doc and such, we head home. Charley heads to bed for nap and I head off to find my Eva. So I catch her in the kitchen. I sit on the stool and bring her over to me and just quietly ask:
Me: "Eva, tell Mommy why you really wanted to come home today?"
(As she looks at me, contemplating whether to fess up or not, I just wait patiently)
Eva: "Well, mama, sometimes I just miss you. And I want to be with you. And I knew that you needed me today."
Me: (crying) You're the sweetest little child and I LOVE YOU. Thank you for being so kind to mommy when I really need it.
Eva: "Can we watch a movie together? Just me and you?"
(At this point she could have asked for a new car and I would have charged one on my amex.)
Me: "You bet. Pick it out and let's watch!"
Eva: "No, mommy, let's both pick it. How about Mary Poppins? (she know this is one of my faves). Or Alvin and the Chipmunks, or... "
So, Alvin and the chipmunks it was.

I love being a mom.

tiff

3 comments:

The Solley Six said...

That's so sweet! Love those moments!!!
Miss you!

The Solley Six said...

Also- Is this picture from the same day? Because the look on Eva's face kinda says "I'm not really sick..tee hee." Smart girl!

Aimee said...

Very sweet.