Sunday, July 23, 2006

parties, parties, everywhere & not a moment to think!


Daddy & Charley catching some zzz's!



Evie & Isaiah after some fun in the sun!


















Check out that mohawk!


WHEW, what a weekend! My little Eva is a party girl. We had 2 fun birthday parties to go to this weekend & the time just flew. (It probably just seemed that way from my sugar high.) Saturday, we drove up to Oura Wan beach to celebrate Taylor Freres' 2nd birthday. Fun times were had by all! As many of you know, Charles & I have been discussing the possibility of going on Embassy duty, but really wanted to talk to some families who had been. We were lucky on Saturday at the party & were able to talk to some families who had been. We grilled them forever! It was a boon though, because all of our questions were answered & we are thinking we'll go for it. We really love living overseas & this will be a fun way for us to experience more cultures. My little punkins are going to be world travelers before they can even read all the cool stamps on their passports.
On Sunday, we went to Sammi Headley's 6th birthday party. We wanted to make sure had a special celebration for Sammi, since her parents can't be here. Sammi's mom (Michelle) gave birth to her 4th child 10 days ago. Unfortunately, he was born with a serious heart defect that required an immediate medevac off island. Little Nicholas is now in Northern CA with his parents, recovering from his open heart surgery. He is doing wonderful & the prognosis is excellent. Please keep him & the entire Headley family in your prayers.
Charley was great during all this excitement this weekend. She is such a sweet baby. She just seems to roll along with the flow. Although by this evening, she was DONE! When we got home & were doing showers, she just screamed her little lungs out forever. She usually loves her bath time, but tonight was having none of it. She was so MAD it was almost comical. Oy, that child can scream. She screamed from the time I started my shower, showered Eva, bathed her, dried her, lotion, clothes & blankie & finally stopped when Charles stuffed her nighttime bottle into her screaming lips! She then proceeded to drain the bottle & pass out. Evie wasn't too far behind, I swear she was asleep 2 seconds after I walked out of her room. This is the life. My kids have so much fun on the weekends that they pass out at bedtime. And everyone wonders why I don't want to come back. THIS is why! Seriously, this place is just so awesome for my kids. I can ony hope our next posting will be this great. And if it's not, you know I'll be going ass over teakettle to make it rock.
I would normally brag about how great my little one is sleeping, but I won't because I just know it'll jinx it, so we won't talk about her 10 to 12 hour nights. EVERYONE KNOCK ON WOOD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Charley is smiling up a storm, coos like she is having an entire conversation & I think is totally going to laugh & roll over soon. She scooches alot. She is also starting to grab at things. It's cute. She gets ahold of her shirt and balls it up in her fist & tries to drag it up to her mouth. I wish she could get ahold of her binkie & pop it in. I'd have a lot more time on my hands if she could!
So today, Eva & I went to the commissary to stock up & she brought her own shopping cart & babies. She helped me pick out the groceries & led the way around the aisles. She is such a little grown up. Yesterday she asked if she could be an adult. Oh boy am I in trouble. Then she helped me out with decorating the cupcakes for Sammi's party. She really loves to help out & be a big girl. I should totally take advantage of this & teach her how to clean the house! She does love to help out with dusting & sweeping. She is definately her Nana's child. Before I know it, she'll be dusting baseboards & dumping drawers. (LOVE YA MOM!)
Well, I am determined to get in bed by 11 to save my sanity, so I've got to sign off now.
Miss & Love you all,
tiff


No comments: