Thursday, July 13, 2006

my children rock!


Okay, so today I've decided that I don't deserve such great kids. Our day was so busy & both the girls were total troopers! Poor Charley spent her entire day being dragged from one obligation to the next, starting with playgroup, then lunch out w/evie's pals, home to nurse & have a short nap, then back out into the TORRENTIAL rain to pick up paperwork, get shots (my poor baby!), drop off paperwork, pick up prescriptions, pick up Evie (false alarm, she got to stay for dinner & dessert w/Arianna), pick up Daddy, go to the commissary & FINALLY go home. Where the poor child proceeded to get terrible gas & was so tired she couldn't fall asleep. UGH. My mom swears that stinkin' car seat gives her gas & I swear she's right. Well, my super sweet Eva got home from her playdate & came lookin' for her mama & sissy. Since we were in the nursery rocking, Eva decided to bring her rocker in & join us. She also decided that Mommy should sing "Castle on a Cloud," among other favorites to help calm Charley cupcake. Sometimes kids just totally melt your heart with thier sincerity, purity of heart & true joy for the simple things. I really need to keep the pace slow & enjoy these moments, they'll whiz by before I know it.
Speaking of whizzing by, Charley is 2 months old now! She smiles all the time & I swear she is trying to laugh. She coos like crazy. I'm sure she'll be talking my ear off at an early age. She had her 2 month check up & has gained 3 lbs (now is 10lbs 6 oz) and grown 2 inches (now 22 inches)! She is a little piggy too. I NEVER have to remind this little punkin to eat. Evie could have missed a feeding no problem, still can, but not Charley. Holy cow, 8 pm rolls around & she is screaming bloody murder for that nighttime bottle. It's kind of funny actually. Her eating habits in general are comical. When she's nursing, sometimes she'll stop eating & attempt to use me for a human pacifier, which is a big NO. So, I'll start to put my hand down to pop her off & she'll smash her whole face into my boob & try to keep me from getting my hand in there. It's hysterical. I'd hate to see what she'll do in a few years when someone takes a bite of her cookie or something. Could be toddler assault.
Okay, I'm stuck on food. So today, we go to McDonald's off base. It's really good, but boy do they have some funny stuff. Evie had a mini pancake happy meal for lunch. Came with french fries, drink & a toy. Pancakes & french fries. I'm just not making the connection. It was really cute too, it came with this neat little packet that had butter on one side & syrup on the other, so you just squeeze it together & pour it over your pancakes so they get buttered & syruped at the same time. The Japanese are the MOTHERS of invention. I've never seen so many gadgets, packets, space savers, multi purpose items in my life. Heaven, I'm in Heaven, & my heart beats every time I see a gadget... (I think that's a take-off on a song from some old movie.) Holy cow, I crack myself up. Now I'm getting goofy, so I think it's best I head off to the bed. I might actually get there before 10!!!! I am such a total nerd.
luv,
tiffers

1 comment:

The Solley Six said...

more updates please! maybe you don't have time now that darling Charley is past that 8 wk mark. Now is when things start getting busy. Sloane is trying to crawl and i'm thinking that could be dangerous with all the long staircases in the new house!! yikes!