Thursday, December 27, 2012

Turning Double Digits...

silly little midgets...
chapter books...
fishhooks...

Eyeball head lullabies....
Charley spinning to the sky, 
Sammy giggling at his big sis, 
Mommy making a little wish. 
Memories, please stay sharp & clear...
so near...so dear...

Little girls spinning round and round,
Hark the Herald Angels Sing in the background.
Baby Jesus held so high,
sweet little voices singing nigh ...

Goodnight Moon and Twinkle Star,
Reading with Mommy, repeating every word
Mommy, I turn the page?
Mommy, see that balloon?
Mommy, the balloon all gone!

Twinkle, Twinkle little star,
you are my bright and shining star.
Alight in your sweet voice,
spark is your favorite word of choice.

Tonight you tended to your own sweet baby.
A tiny lollipop you carried in your hand.
I asked your baby's name,
you looked at me so matter of factly and just said, "baby!"
I asked you if we could give your baby a name and you said "ok!"
I queried, "Can we call him Jasper?"
"Ok," was your reply.
Just when I thought you couldn't melt my heart any more, you handed me your baby's lollipop, pulled your toy phone from your back pocket, told your baby to "call Jasper, baby!" and held the phone to your baby's ear.
Mommy's sweet Sam...snuggly love, baby boy, don't grow up yet.













No comments: