Friday, September 11, 2009

in the blink of an eye...

your children grow up. they change in a skinny minute. So many days I want to slow time to a crawl and burn the image of each moment in my brain.

Eva running across the front yard with the grace of a young filly, her hair a golden ribbon in the wind, her laugh tinkling like the sweetest of bells.

Charley standing at the door, clad in pink overalls and cowboy boots, her hair curling softly at her shoulders, "I go wich you, Mommy?"

Mercy sound asleep, curled on her side with her little fingers cupping her cheek, softly snoring.

Max turning to look at me as he wakes, serious and focused, his sweet face slowly curling a grin that simply melts my heart, his eyes lighting up and his eyebrows lifted to the sky.

If you have ever doubted the existence of God, look into the eyes of a child. You will see He lives there. And he entrusted these souls to you. Love them, Laugh with them, Linger in life with them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiff, its Sam :] (Rhonda's Daughter, Charles' cousin in case you didnt remember)
Man, Your kids are growing fast! It seems like yesterday when it was just Eva and Charlie and Charlie was only 8 months old!
Well recently, my boyfriend of three years joined the service (US Air Force Academy to be exact) and I have alot of questions about what its like to have an other-half in the military. I didnt know who to turn to untill mom suggested you! So if you can email me or something it would rock out loud :]