Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas to all....



and to all, I wish for you the many blessings this season has to offer! I feel so blessed to be celebrating with my husband and children, waiting for my 2 little miracles to join our family. Those are the best gifts I could ever receive. It made me realize a few things...

We often get so caught up in the mad crush to have THE PERFECT CHRISTMAS that we forget to bless others with our time, our love, our charity and our joy. This is my first Christmas in too long to remember that doesn't feel like a madcap rush into a morning crazed with more gifts than I thought humanly possible. (Thank you twin mini macs for slowing your crazy mama down!) And you know what? It's great! I know my kids still have too many gifts under the tree and I spent too much money that I probably didn't have (and for once didn't use a bloody credit card), but I also know that we gave more to charity in this year than in any year past. As a family, we really explored the reasons for our celebration and we are teaching our children that Christmas is not about gifts and what you get, but it is a celebration of the birth of of the son of God and thereby our reason to give generously to others of our time, our funds and most of all, our love!

SO, throw those silly gift lists out the window, stop buying for the sake of spending and start celebrating with love, generosity of spirit, joy and the gift of your time!!! Imagine how much richer we'll all be.

Merry Christmas with Love from the richest woman in the world,

tiff and the many mini macs

2 comments:

Connie Drago said...

We wish for you a very Merry Christmas and a HEALTHY and Happy New Year! Enjoy this glorious time together with your little clan. The rest of us will miss getting to see you this holiday, but this time with your family is precious, and I hope you enjoy every second of it!! Love you guys.

The Solley Six said...

Merry Christmas! Sounds like fun over there-not just loud whirring blinking toy fun but fun to get to be a family with happy little kids!
Merry Christmas.