Thursday, July 17, 2008

Times, they are a-changin...

We've been quiet here, just focusing on family as we prepare for Charles' upcoming departure. I don't know if it's really hit any of us yet, or even how we prepare for such a long separation. What do I tell my girls? Eva knows, but I know she doesn't understand the length of time. And I worry about her. She is such a Daddy's girl! How will she cope when her most favorite person isn't here to cuddle her, comfort her and make her laugh? What about Charley? Who is too young to understand, but will cry for her daddy nonetheless? And then there's me. I feel like someone is going to cut half of me off and take it away. THIS family is a unit, one that needs all of it's parts to work right. I'm just scared I'll screw it up or not do things right or just not be able to fill the part of both parents.
The one thing I know for sure is this.
God never gives us more than we can handle, so he must think I am one heck of a strong woman. And I guess if he thinks it, I can too. Just give me a few more tears and a lot of hugs and I'll get through it.
Pray for my husband, that the Lord surround him with armor to keep him safe and bring him home to our family.

Tiffany

4 comments:

Michelle Misterkiewicz Wright said...

Charles will be fine! You guys have so many people praying for his safe return. It will suck but as women, we learn to just go with the curveballs that life throws us. Besides, Charles has an awful lot to come home for and he would never miss out on all that life has in store for your family. Try to be positive but cry when you need to. I thought I was so smart and would cry in the shower when Ted was gone. Then one day, Theo said, "Mommy are you going to take a shower because you are missing Daddy, too!" And I thought they couldn't hear me. Nothing gets past these guys!

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

We are in the early stages of Adam's deployment and I haven't felt this tired since the first trimester of pregnancy. But I have the same belief as you...God gives you what you can handle and I know you guys will make it through the deployment. We have found the Sesame Street deployment video to be helpful. We spent a lot of time talking with Noah so he seems to be doing ok, but poor Camille goes to bed crying each night saying "I lost my daddy"...breaks my heart...so hard to explain such big topics to such little ones, isn't it? Hang on and join the crazy ride...you are not alone!

Tommye said...

We too are impending a long seperation. I feel the same way.

thekellyfive said...

"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them: for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6
I will pray for you and I have no doubt that you will be stong enough to make it through this deployment! All our love.