Sunday, July 27, 2008

Home at last...



Well, the home of my childhood. After seeing Charles off on tuesday, I spent 2 days madly packing and sorting, then headed to San Diego to spend the night with my cousin Becca and Aunt Deb before departing for MD VERY EARLY on Thursday. We had an uneventful flight and arrived here safely on Thursday evening.


The past few days have been a whirlwind of bbq's, get-togethers and lots of swimming for the little ones. Thankfully it has kept me distracted from the fact that my hubby is gone for 7 months. I got here and immediately thought that I just did not want to leave. I still feel that way, but I have to think about the impact of moving back here on my girls and me. I'm still considering it, but will wait and give it much thought and prayer.


The support of my friends and family in the last few weeks has been amazing. I don't know how I would have made it through those first few days of Charles' departure without Aunt Deb, Uncle Ted, Bec, Mom & Dad, Mark and Jada, and Sam and her crew. It has been so grounding and supportive in the last few days to see all of my extended family and friends. Every time I am here, I am reminded of why this is and will always be my home and my favorite place in the world to be. (Texas with my most fabulous in-laws and friends is my other favorite place!)


Today is set to be a relaxing one with my immediate family and my Auntie Re and Uncle Jim, poolside at my parents. It's a much needed day of rest and family time.


Thanks to each every one of you who has been supportive and caring in this time. It reminds me of how much love my family recieves every day and makes me incredibly grateful.


Love to all,


Tiff & co.

5 comments:

Michelle Misterkiewicz Wright said...

You better call me. I can't wait to see you all! I am leaving here on Thursday to go to NJ for a family reunion and will be back on Tuesday! Talk to you soon.

Love,
Michelle

Aimee said...

You are a strong woman. You will do what is right for you and the girls. Miss you!

The Solley Six said...

i wish i was writing michelle's message. we could all meet up in falls church again. i've been thinking of you and all my long lost friends so much lately. i love picturing you all with your families (whom i'm lucky enough to know) and knowing your surrounded in cosy homes full of love and family who's not just annoying...they're friends.
if we were EVER in the same time zone i could call you!!!

Nancy T. said...

Tiff, It is great to hear about you and the girls! Of course we miss you here, but we are thrilled to know how good your time is there. :-) Praise God for the great ultrasound!! And let's trust Him to speak to you and Charles about whether you should stay in CA or go to MD while he is gone.... Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I want to thank everyone for keeping our little (not for long) clan in their thoughts and prayers. I love being able to see the beautiful smiles on my lil angels while they are having fun in the sun. I Miss You and Love You! Can't wait to get back to y'all again and it has only been two weeks. Know that Daddy Loves you and misses you. I think of my Eva and Charley each and every day.
Love,
Daddy