Thursday, August 03, 2006

Christmas on the brain!

Okay, I know I promised I'd write sooner, but the time just flies by lately. My little high maintenance drool machine is keeping me busy.
So, my pity party is over. I just had a rejuvenating conversation with Angie, spent a great day with Annie, talked to my Mom & had great news from Michelle that Nicholas is doing fabulous. So, on to the happy stuff of life.
Eva Grace is utterly obsessed with Christmas. I think that this wait for our trip home is going to be a billion times worse than waiting for boot camp graduation day. I've totally done this to myself, since every time she asks about any family member, angie's family & now michelle's family, I tell her we'll see them at Christmas. Guess I shoulda thought a bit about that. DUH. It's kind of like when you threaten your child with taking away TV time or a really neat activity because you're so aggravated you want to spit & then you realize that what just flew out of your mouth earned you the idiot of the month award at Parenting for Dummies.com. OY. But, truth be told, I'm totally psyched about Christmas, so Eva & I can drive each other crazy waiting.
Speaking of Eva...
She is SO grown up lately! She carries on these full on conversations with me and anyone else who will listen. I swear she learns a new word every 5 minutes. And, of course, because I have a penchant for large words, she is quite funny when she incorporates my vocabulary into hers. "Mom, I'd PREFER to watch Dora, not Sesame Street." Her other thing lately is that she has decided that after 3 1/2 yrs of asking me to sing, she has decided that I should no longer vocalize in her presence, "Mom, could you PLEASE stop singing!" Beginning to erode my confidence a bit! Seriously. She has also reached the "JoJo" stage. This is a family stage that my sister & I have been forced to endure from our children that requires that our precious genetic offspring withdraw all forms of snuggling, hugging, cuddling, kisses or any other signs of affection. IT SUCKS. I have now resorted to out and out bribery for even a hug, never mind a kiss. So, you can imagine my surprise & pleasure when my punkin opted to give me many kisses today & told me last night she loved me! She's been really good the past few days & this was just the icing on the cake. Makes all the tough other stuff so insignificant.
Vacation Bible School is fast approaching & I just can't believe my baby is going to a "camp." The time really just flies too fast. I wish I could freeze my babies right where they are & cherish thier innocence forever.
Speaking of babies, it's time for the Chronicles of Charley...
HOLY MACARONI, what a cutie. This child just melts my heart. I spent so much time worrying about how I would feel when my second little bundle got here, always scared I wouldn't do right by her. I never imagined that I could love another human being as much as I loved my first little one. Then she got here & I not only fell completely head over boobie for this kid, but it made me love my Evie even more. Funny, it made me want more babies. We are hoping a 3rd will happen sometime after Charley is 9 mos. Guess we'll just leave it in God's hands. Even more oddly, today made me think I could even do 4. Someone HELP ME, I'VE LOST MY MIND... I'm sure Annie will smack the crap out of me when she reads this, so I'm good.
Charley is still sporting her mohawk. It will totally break my heart when she doesn't have it any more. She gets more fun every day. She coos up a storm. I think she's going to be a VERY early talker. Then today, I swear she laughed when she was hanging out on the couch with Daddy. She is such a happy baby. She smiles all the time & just loves to be around people. I think she'd nap better if I could just plop her down in the middle of a kids cafeteria than if I put her down in her bed. Prime example: today we trekked over to the indoor pool at the Grand Mer Hotel. 40 gazillion kids screaming at the full volume, plus us lunatic parents & of course it's like a sauna in there too. Guess who slept pretty much the entire 2 hours? Charley Cupcake. Personally, I think she's just very considerate of her sister & wishes to allow Mommy some one on one with Eva. Yes, my children are perfect in the eyes of their Mommy. (OK, I admit to a beer or 2 before I made that statement.)
Well, my train of though just came to a screeching halt & I am bloody exhausted. (my use of the word bloody is a tribute to my Nana. cute, huh. hee hee. Oh I am a funny, funny girl.) So, I'm off to the bed.
Miss & Luv everyone!
Counting the days to Christmas!
tiff
(p.s. I can't get my pics to upload right now. I'll try again tomorrow.)

No comments: