Tuesday, March 18, 2008

or we could use the tom tom...


So, tonight I sang to Evie, as requested. We keep a missal and catholic hymn book in her room, which she loves to pick random songs from for me to sing. This is especially lovely when I have no idea how the song goes and my sight reading is quite horrific after years away from formal singing groups. Tonight, however, we picked a song familiar from mass and my butchering wasn't too bad. When I finished, she asked me why we sang "Christ be our light..." and so, of course, I attempted to explain that the song was telling us that Christ in our life was a light to help us to find our right path/way in the world. So my sweet little Evie looks at me and says, quite matter of factly...
"or we could use the Tom-Tom."
Enough said.

Out of the mouths of 5 year olds.
Which reminds of the time my niece Haley asked, after grace at the dinner table, why we say Amen instead of Agirls.

I LOVE CHILDREN!!
Tiff

No comments: