Friday, March 28, 2008

I don't wanna grow up...




My conversation with Eva the other day while driving home.

Eva: "Mommy, if I eat a lot, does it mean I'll grow up to be a adult?"
Me: "Um, yes honey. If you eat good food, you'll grow up healthy and strong."
Eva: "I don't want to eat any more food. I'll just drink water so I can stay a little kid."
Me: "Well, why don't you want to grow up?"
Eva: "I want to stay a kid so I can have lots of fun, cuz kids have more fun that adults."
Um. So what do I say to that? Gee, Eva. You're right. Stay little FOREVER! Please?


My conversations with Charley.

Charley: "I want cracker."
Me: "Not right now Charley, we're getting ready for dinner."
Charley: "I want cracker."
Me: "No, Charley. Mommy is making dinner."
Charley throws crackers on the floor and begins throwing all the magnets off the fridge, then decides that she needs to be held while I am preparing dinner and attempting to get Charles and Eva to help me out. HA. I am not holding her and now she is screaming, pulling on my pants and...
Charley: "I want mommy. I want mommy. MOMMY. MOMMY. MOMMY."
By now her face is bright red and splotchy, huge tears are spilling off her cheeks and I feel like a goober.


Ah, motherhood. Joy personified.

Other conversations with Charley consist of my asking questions of any type and Charley responding as follows...

"No."
OH, how I love age 2.



With love from the scullery maid/chauffeur/seamstress/personal shopper/short order cook/etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...
Tiff







1 comment:

Aimee said...

That conversation with Eva should work wonders for your dinner time issues. Now you can just give her water for dinner.