Saturday, January 20, 2018

Wishing you were here, my precious girl...







I wish I had some eloquent words to frame this day, but mostly we're just trying to find the smiles to celebrate our sweet boy and remember our smiling beauty, Mercy. 
It's rough around here without you, Mercy.  We laugh a whole lot less and hugs are so much harder to come by.  You were truly the glitter glue that stuck all of us together, melded our hearts in tighter and lightened so many of our moments.  The best little surprises I find are the selfie videos you constantly made on my phone/computer/ipad-for just a minute I get to hear your sweet voice, see your kookie smile and listen to one of your silly rants.  You seem so alive and I can almost reach out and touch you...
Our world was forever changed the minute you slipped into this world and into our family.  Your heart for your siblings, especially your twin, was as deep and wide and full as the greatest ocean.  You filled our days and nights with crazy plans and silly dreams, dress up days and movie nights, box forts and icy water slides, barbie castles and ninja battles, candy sneaking and make-up madness....
Our ears were blessed by your melodic little voice lilting in a lullaby, singing a song of praise of our God, who you adored and worshipped-
Mercy-I'm sorry my words are failing your memory today.  Our hearts hurt so desperately and we love and miss you so very much.  I pray that your sweet twin will have his heart filled with your love and presence today, reminding him of just how much you adored him.  Whisper a special prayer to Jesus for all of us today, sweet girl.  And give Sammy the biggest hug and pretend we're all in it together.  I long for the day when we're reunited in Christ, baby girl.  Until then, we'll do our best to honor you, to honor Sammy and to spread your love and light wherever we go.  
Mama loves you-
Happy 9th Birthday Mercy and Max-



1 comment:

mom said...

This night again I run to our King.
But this night I can't worship,
This night I can't sing.
Unanswered questions,
Much grief and much loss.
This night I can't speak.
I just cling to the cross.

This night He said, My grace is sufficient to you.