Saturday, September 19, 2015

skies a-painted in tie dye sunsets,


His whispers calm those last regrets.
Sammy's scent on a bumblebee pillow,
tears falling like the leaves of a willow.
butterflies flitting here and there,
memories, memories, everywhere.
cardinals resting in the trees,
shattered dreams drop me to my knees.
words of wisdom from God Most High,
to my beaten, broken heart, a lullaby.
the healing power of His Holy Grace,
evident in every place.
What good, I asked, could come from this?
Watch and wait, He says, don't miss-

My grace.
My peace.
My gentle bliss.

He reveals deep and hidden things;
he knows what lies in darkness,
and light dwells with him.

Daniel 2:22

Indeed.  
Light. 
dwells.
with.
Him.  

The alcoholic healed by His grace. 
The dying woman who sought His face. 
The tired old man who changed his ways,
blessed was he with brighter days.  
The roads we walk, the shoes we wear, 
together he brings us close to share
the burdens of this fallen place, 
so that, well indeed, we'll finish the race.  

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 
2 Timothy 4:7

Finishing the race well?
Eternity never meant so much until 2 of my precious children died.  
Then I understood what it meant for God to watch His. only. begotten. Son. DIE.  
For me. 
For you. 

I promise you, it's a pain I wouldn't wish on anyone, ever.  
And God caused himself that pain… by choice!
If I thought I was in awe of our God before? 
I simply had no clue.  

I write because He gives me words to speak.  Precious words that can only come from Him, through my heart and hands, for His glory.  

What will you do for His glory today? What will I?  

love, 
clan mac mama




  




1 comment:

Deborah Gillikin said...

Too beautiful for words. I pray God's tender blessings upon you ... every moment of every hour of every day.