Thursday, July 17, 2014

Sleep, precious sleep...

Who knew I'd ever again spend as much time coveting a night's sleep as I once did with 3 babies?  Seriously? I've done this… FIVE TIMES.  And I don't mean I've not slept for 5 nights.  I mean 5 babies…with the twins actually counting as 10 babies.  There is nothing quite like the sleep deprivation that comes from nursing 2 babies…
EXCEPT, the sleep deprivation that comes from my food allergies.
"Can't you just have a little?"
"Oh, it's just one bite!"
Nope.
I wish, with every fiber of my being, that I could have that one bite.  That I could snarf down that Krispy Kreme, inhale that Cinnabon, chow down on that deep dish pizza and tear up some fried mushrooms from Outback.
But. I. Can't.
I wasn't super diligent when I went on a trip last month.  I didn't want to be a pain and ask a million questions.  I didn't want to deal with the possibility of embarrassing someone I was with.  I didn't want to feel like I had a spotlight on my head while I investigated the origins of every. single. thing. I put in my mouth.
So, I just didn't ask.
And the cascade of symptoms didn't ask permission either.
I got home exhausted from lack of sleep.
Brain fogged.
Cranky.
Achey.
Intestinally distressed.
And then the lack of sleep just continued…and continued…and continued…
ARG!!!!
For a mom of many, for anyone actually, this is SHEER torture.  If you add being bipolar to that list, it's downright dangerous.
So, in my quest to turn it around and reset my body, cleaning out the offending proteins, I decided to eat a whole lot of quinoa.  Quinoa is great for you & healthy, right??
Guess what?  Quinoa can mimic gluten in your body if you are especially sensitive.  Apparently, I am especially sensitive.
SERIOUSLY?

Finally…almost a month after all this started, last night...
I SLEPT ALL NIGHT!!!
I could win the stinking lottery and not be as grateful as I am right now.

All the Krispy Kremes in the world can't beat my night of sleep.
love,
tiff



No comments: