Thursday, July 16, 2009

Moving sucks and I'll tell you why...

Because you trust that people will take care of your stuff. And, truthfully, they did their best on this end. However, while they were taking such good flipping care of my stuff, one of them managed to steal my wedding rings. I was NICE. I BAKED THEM F**ing COOKIES. I FED THEM LUNCH AND KEPT THEM HYDRATED. Oh, thank you so much ma'am. Let me just steal the one thing that will break your heart. Gee, wasn't that sweet of them.
So, I filed the police report. cried. cried some more. called the insurance company. cried a bit more. checked a few pawn shops and then had to buy myself a wedding band. from a pawn shop. cried more.
It's not the monetary value. It's not the diamond. It's the story behind the rings. They have been with me for 15 years. 15 years of marriage. A hard fought marriage that has seen some serious times and survived them all. A marriage that I knew would happen from the moment I laid eyes on my Charles. A marriage that he never gave up on, even when I did. And the symbol of that love that we had blessed before God has been taken. But you know what that person didn't take from me? Every bit of faith I have that the very best part of my marriage isn't a ring or a thing or a house or anything else. It's the 4 beautiful children that are living proof of our love. The 4 sweet souls the Lord has entrusted us with. So, listen here... You can take the ring, but you can never take away the circle of love and life they represent. So, I hope you get what you need from them. And I hope someday you will understand that what you took was heartbreaking, but this is what you could NEVER take. My faith. My belief that people are inherently good. My trust in people. And my unshakeable, neverending, endless love for my husband and my belief in our marriage.
SO TAKE THAT. Ha. I win. Rings or no rings. I WIN.
I'd still love to have them back...so pray for that. But if I don't see them again, I just pray that the love we had spills over onto the next wearer of that beautiful, shimmering stone.
i'm off to pass out from moving overload.

with a sigh and a bit of a cry...
tiff

2 comments:

The Solley Six said...

that's a sad one. I'm sure it's hard to have a frown on your face for long with those cute kiddos around though. You've got everything that matters and you know it so that's a good thing.

thekellyfive said...

oh, honey... I am so sorry. I know that must feel so nauseating and really make you question your faith in humanity. But there's never a question as to whether we can have faith in God and your and Charles' marriage is proof of that. God has seen you through your years of marriage and he'll see you through this. I will pray for your rings swift return!