Sunday, June 21, 2009

House Hunting Sucks.

And I truly mean that. There is nothing exciting about it. Nothing that makes me giddy. Nothing, Nothing, NOTHING. As you are ALL aware, I am about one of the pickiest people on this earth, equaled only by my mother, Kristina & Debbi. SO, needless to say, trying to buy a home that some other non type A person designed and then proceeded to build with not a single thought to layout, functionality or aesthetics is ANNOYING. Add to that: my beach house is nearly an hour from the area we are looking in, I have 4 children who are SICK of the car and I do NOT like driving long distances, my husband CANNOT help with this due to his schedule, and gee golly, life sure is a barrel of laughs right now. Oh, did I mention the 2 ginormous flights of stairs I run up and down 25 times every time we are leaving? And for any of you who are going to throw some stinking platitude at me right now about anything, I will say, oh say nicely.... Stick it where the sun don't shine.
Ah, that felt better. NOW, I better find a damn house within the week or it's gonna get ugly 'round here.
And, yes I am truly grateful to have my whole clan together, but that sure doesn't mean I can't be annoyed that I can't seem to find a decent damn house.

2 comments:

thekellyfive said...

ME, Picky? I will assume from the lack of "e" at the end of Debbi that you did, indeed, finger me. Should I even admit that I spent the afternoon walking the aisles of Ikea, dictating to Brandon that the fixer-upper we'd like to buy in the next two years "will be remodeled as such...." I digress.

ER-RN said...

Tell me about it!! We are having trouble with our house but hopefully now it is resolved and we can move on and start construction!! I will have to email what happened.